The boys will check-in at 3:45, do a warm-up starting at 4:00, and the time trial will start at 4:15. Boys will check in at the statue by 17th & City Park Esplanade in City Park.
Girls will check-in at 5:00, warm-up at 5:15, and time trial at 5:30 for heat 1 and 5:33 for heat 2. Girls will check in at the East baseball field.
Girls Heat 1 at 5:30
Girls Heat 2 at 5:33
I need to make an update to the time trial/team selection information. I realized that I need to make sure I have some flexibility in case something unforeseen happens—to that end, I am keeping a very small number of positions on the team to be used at my discretion. Hopefully, I will not need to use them, and if I do, I will be as transparent as possible with my decisions. I just wanted to make sure everyone is aware of this before we have the time trial tomorrow afternoon.
Thanks again for your support during this season!
As you know, because of COVID-19 guidelines from CHSAA and DPS, our cross country season will be unlike any other in history. One of the major parameters we are facing is the size limitation of 25 boys and 25 girls in separate cohorts in order to minimize potential cross contamination. In order to determine the teams, we will have a 5K time trial on Tuesday, August 18. The boys will check-in at 3:45, do a warm-up starting at 4:00, and the time trial will start at 4:15. Girls will check-in at 5:00, warm-up at 5:15, and time trial at 5:30. Both groups will be split into two heats, starting three minutes apart. The top 25 times in each gender will be on the team. Runners will have to be present at the time trial in order to compete for a spot on the team. Parents or spectators are not allowed to be at the time trial, and runners are expected to warm-down and leave when they are finished—they are not allowed to watch the other competitions.
We will post the roster of who made the team on the website either Tuesday night or Wednesday morning. Due to CHSAA and DPS rules, athletes who do not make the roster will not be able to join us for practices beginning Wednesday, Aug. 19. Runners who do not make the team are still part of the cross country family, and will be able to participate in our virtual run club as well as receive the team discount at Runners Roost and participate in the upcoming “East Spike Night” at Runners Roost. More details about those events and other opportunities will be coming soon.
Thanks for your enthusiasm and support of the team—hopefully, we will be back to our normal team size as soon as next year!
There will not be a google meeting on Thursday 8/13 at 5:00.
Practice will be held at the regular time.
If you have completed registration on Family ID and uploaded your physical onto Family ID, you may go to practice on Wednesday, Aug 12.
If you have not completed these items, do NOT come to practice until you do. Registration for the 2020 XC Season will only be open until Friday, August 14 at 5:00pm.
Boys: meet at the statue by 17th & City Park Esplanade in City Park at 3:30pm for check in.
Girls: meet at the East baseball field at 3:30pm for check in.
Both teams: You must wear your masks and maintain a six foot distance from others at check in.
PIN: 498 766 362
Just to clarify, we might have told you we would have time trials next Thursday, 8/13, but this date has been changed.
The 5K time trial will be held sometime during the week of August 17. As soon as we know details, we will post them on this site. Thank you for your patience!
We are very excited to announce we finally have the go ahead to start CHSAA Cross Country on Wednesday, August 12. Please know we continue to live in a time of change and if at any time Health department guidelines change or state/local guidance shifts we will adjust our plans accordingly.
Several items to remember:
- Only students who have completed their registration and have an updated physical ( Physical-Form-English, Physical-Form-Spanish) on file are allowed to participate. This includes try outs and practice. Family ID for registration is open and current physicals should be uploaded into familyID. In order to tryout for the team, registration on Family ID must be completed and your physical must be uploaded to Family ID before August 12.
- We will have tryouts during the week of August 17. Our tryout will be a 5K time trial in City Park. Details on dates and times will be provided in the near future – after tryouts, we can have no more than 25 male athletes and no more than 25 female athletes on the 2020-21 cross country team. During try-outs social distancing must be maintained and students will be scheduled for tryouts in a way that there is no question that social distance is happening.
- Each day we will be required to complete a personal health assessment and a health assessment for each athlete, this paperwork needs to be documented and submitted to our athletic director. This paperwork must be accurate in case we need to complete contact tracing.
- Practices will not exceed 90 minutes –competition should fall under expected time guidelines.
- Mask and social distance guidelines need to followed at all times. Additionally, all local and state guidelines must be followed so please stay updated on the most current information.
If you have questions, please ask them on our google doc and the coaches will respond. Don’t be shy, many others probably have the same questions as you might have. questions about the 2020 xc season