1. TEAM DINNERS: We need a few more families to volunteer to host team dinners. These are low-key events and the host just needs to provide paper goods. You can sign up here or paste this url into your browser: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0e48aca92ba20-2016
2. PHOTOS: You should have received an invitation to dropbox so you can upload any photos you take at meets. If you did not receive it and want to add photos, email email@example.com
3. TENT TRANSPORTING: We will need volunteers to transport the tent to and from Friday’s meet and to and from Saturday’s meet. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are able to help.
(Links to many of these things can be found under volunteer opportunities)
As a reminder, this Weds is our fundraiser at Patxi’s Uptown (17th Ave). Please invite friends or co-workers to drop by, share on social media, or spread the word if you can. Details are below or here.
On Friday, some of the team will compete at the Arapahoe Warrior Invite. Details on the meet, new course, and schedule are here
On Saturday, some of the team will compete at the Centaurus Invite. Details can be found here.
Have a great week!
Our own Harrison Scudamore (Junior) led the Angels by winning 1st place with a blazing fast time of 16:09 at Cheyenne Mountain on Friday. Click here for the boys 5A results.
The girls finished in 7th place and was led by Nell Salzman (Junior) who ran a screamin’ fast time of 21:18 and placed 13th in the girls 5A race. The girls team finished 7th overall. Click here for the girls 5A results.
As Coach Kohuth explained Thursday night, the Angels, no matter where they finished, ran the toughest race they could run. They will continue to do this each week throughout the season. “It doesn’t get easier, you just get faster.” ~ Greg LeMond
To view photos of the race, click this link Cheyenne Mountain Photos
We can wait to see how the rest of the Angels run at Green Mountain today!
On Thursday August 25 at 6:00 pm we will have a meeting about the season, which includes a potluck dinner.
We ask each athlete to bring something along this breakdown:
- Frosh- Main dish
- Sophomores- salad or sides
- Juniors- dessert
We will also have team merchandise for sale if you want to bring your checkbook. (if you want to volunteer to help out, please email Jennifer at email@example.com )
Other dates to note:
Monday 8/22: team sale party at Runner’s Roost. Athletes and their families get discounts.
Weds 8/31- East XC will get 10% back on all purchases all day at Patxi’s Pizza Uptown on 17th.
**Note that all events and meets are on our shared team calendar, linked under the 2016 schedule link at the top. You can download individual events and details or subscribe to the calendar.
As a reminder, official practice began on Monday August 15. Practices are every day at 3:15.
You need to have your blue card from the Treasurer’s Office (which shows you have turned in all your paperwork) to practice.
Note that under the link to Fall 2016 Schedule there is a google calendar that has meets on it and other information you can follow or download.
As a reminder, you can sign up for the team log at logarun.com. Create an account and user name. Search for EastXC, and join the team.
Off to a great season!
Please add the following to your calendar.
August 10 @ 5:30 pm Fall Parent Athletic Meeting
August 15 @ 3:15 pm: Official start of Cross Country Season
August 22 @ 6:00 pm: Spike Night at Runner’s Roost
August 25 @ 6:00 pm: Team Potluck (runners and families invited)
August 31: Team fundraiser at Patxi’s Pizza
Click here for our tentative race schedule.
ONLINE ATHLETIC REGISTRATION IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR FALL 2016!!
Athletic Registration: Visit http://www.familyid.com/denver-east-high-school to register for a sport online.
Submit a Physical via email or fax to Lisa Smith, Athletic Trainer, firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 720-423-8385. Physicals are good for 365 days from date of physical. Physical Form English
Fees can be paid during online registration or at the Treasurer’s office:
- Pay to Play – $60 or $10 if on Free and Reduced Lunch provide letter.
MUST BE Eligible – Transfer Eligibility and Academic Eligibility REQUIRED to participate.
- If you attended any other high school other than East High School in the last 12 months you need to see Lisa Porter.
ATHLETIC CLEARANCE CARD will be issued when all things are complete. This is REQUIRED to give to the coach so the coach knows you are cleared to participate in tryouts.
Athletic sports that are sanctioned by the Denver Public School Board of Education and meet the criteria may exempt participation however, such exemption WILL NOT reduce the number of hours required to earn a diploma.
- Participation in ONE FULL Sports Season = 5 semester hours of PE Requirement
- Student MUST maintain academically eligibility for the ENTIRE Season
- Students MUST request the waiver during the same semester that the sport is played. Please see your counselor for details.
- Note: Club Sports and non-East/DPS sports DO NOT fulfill the PE Waiver requirement.