On behalf of the runners, thank you for supporting the Angels!
Arrive at East: 6:45am
Bus departs East 7:00am
Entries for Pat Patten: Pat Patten Entries
If you are entered for the Pat Patten Invite and cannot race, please fill out this form: Runner Unavailability Form
Varsity: Boys 9:30, Girls 10AM
Open: Boys:10:30, Girls 11:05
Awards at conclusion of races~ 11:45
This week’s potluck is on WEDNESDAY from 6:00-8:00 at the McWhirter home.
2411 Clarkson St. 80205
What to bring:
Frosh: main dish;
Sophs: side dish, salad or veggies;
Seniors: drinks/chocolate milk
Bring enough to serve 8 – 10.
Bus leaves East: 1:00pm
Entries for Viking: Viking Entries
If you are entered for the Viking Invite and cannot race, please fill out this form: Runner Unavailability Form
Parents: We need a parent to pick up the tent from Viking and bring it to Pat Patten. Please click here if you can help: Tent Sign Up
Willis Case Golf Course
2:00 – Coaches Meeting
2:30 – Boys Open Race (unlimited -score Top 5)
3:15 – Girls Open Race (unlimited -score Top 5)
4:00- Boys Varsity Race (7 runners – Top 5 score)
4:45 – Girls Varsity Race (7runners – Top 5 score)
5:15 – Awards Ceremony outside the clubhouse
5:30 – Alumni/Citizens/Community Fun Run (Viking 5K)
Arrive at East: 6:45am
Bus leaves East: 7:00am
Entries for St. Vrain: East Entries for St. Vrain
If you cannot race at St Vrain, please fill out this form: Runner Unavailability Form
12:30 – 5:30pm – treat yourself to a cool, healthy snack at Nekter Juice Bar, 700 Colorado Blvd (next to Snooze), after the meet. Nekter will give the team 20% of the proceeds! 🙂
High School Girls:
Allie Chipman – Mountain Vista (2015) 17:55
High School Boys:
Cerake Geberkidane – Denver East (2013) 15:15
Paul Roberts – Lyons (2014) 15:15
NO DOGS ALLOWED ON SCHOOL PROPERTY. Please leave your pets at home.
Lyons High School is located at:
100 McConnell Drive, Lyons, CO 80540
Lyons HS is requesting a (minimum) $5 donation for parking again this year. Parking fees will be donated to Lyons Community Foundation to help the town continue to rebuild from the Flood of 2013. Volunteers will collect your donations and direct you to available parking. Handicapped attendees will be parked in the south parking lot of the school. Just let the helpers know your need, and they will direct you to the appropriate area. Please carpool if possible. Parking is very limited this year due to ongoing flood reconstruction in Bohn Park.
8:15 National Anthem
8:25 – HS Girls Varsity 2A/3A – Run Unlimited, Score 4
9:00 – HS Boys Varsity 2A/3A – Run Unlimited, Score 4
9:30 – HS Girls Varsity 4A/5A – Run 10 Score 5
10:00 – 2A/3A Varsity Awards @ East Grandstand
10:05 – HS Boys Varsity 4A/5A – Run 10, score 5
10:30 – HS Girls JV
11:05 – HS Boys JV
11:35 – 4A/5A Varsity Awards @ East Grandstand
Lyons HS will live stream the meet from the top of their press box. Here’s the link to watch:
Thanks to everyone, the Angel Invite was a successful meet! The dozens of parent volunteers made the meet go as smooth as possible. We are so grateful for our parents and their willingness to help the team!
Here are some stats from our meet:
- We hosted 28 teams (including East)
- 561 runners finished the Angel Invite
- In our fundraising efforts, we made $153 from the Kona Ice Truck, $260 from Chipotle and $190 from merchandise sales!
- We had over 48 parent volunteers, 8 coaches, 2 operations volunteers, 2 DPS athletics employees, 2 East mountain bike team members, 2 athletic trainers, an athletic director and an East administrator. All of whom worked seamlessly together to make the Angel Invite happen.
- Last but not least, we had our amazing East Angel xc runners. Of course, they are accomplished runners, but they also were excellent hosts to their guests from the other 27 schools.
We have the honor of hosting the regional meet on Friday, October 18. Now that we are warmed up, let’s do this again! Please volunteer by clicking here: Volunteer Sign Up for Regional Meet School will not be in session on Friday, Oct 18.
Thank you for all you do for the Denver East Cross Country experience!
This week’s potluck will be at the Buddenhagen home (2865 Clermont) from 6:00-8:00.
The assignments remain:
- Frosh: main dish;
- Sophs: side dish, salad or veggies;
- Juniors: dessert;
- Seniors: drinks/chocolate milk
Bring enough to serve 8 – 10.
- The team will receive 20% of all Kona Ice sales at our meet today. By treating yourself to a Kona Ice, you will be helping the team!
- Parent volunteers: If you have a bright pink EA volunteer t-shirt, remember to wear it at the meet. If you don’t have one, we will give one to you.
Dismissal: 1:30pm Walk to the park.
If you cannot race at the Angel Invite, please fill out this form: Runner Unavailability Form
If you are injured and can’t run, but can help with the race, please check in with one of your coaches, Ruth or Jennifer.
2:00 Coach check-in (at the finish line)
2:30 Girls Open Race (unlimited entries)
3:15 Boys Open Race (unlimited entries)
4:00 Girls Varsity 5k (limited to seven entries top five score)
4:30 Boys Varsity 5k (limited to seven entries top five score)
5:00 High School Awards Ceremony at Start Line
Fun stuff: Kona Ice will be at our event. Bring some money if you want to treat yourself!
Parents and friends of East XC
- We still have course monitor positions available for the Angel Invite, click here to sign up: Volunteer for Angel Invite
- We would love to have a volunteer take the tent after the Angel Invite and bring it to the St. Vrain Meet on Saturday, 9/21. Click here if you are going to be that amazing parent: Tent Sign Up
- Join us at the Chipotle on Colfax & Columbine after the meet to relax, refresh, and celebrate. 33% of the purchases go to the team! 🙂
- Thank you for all you do for our team! We are so lucky to have so many caring and helpful XC friends!!
Since we will all be starving after tomorrow’s meet, we are doing a fundraiser at the Colfax & Columbine Chipotle! Tell your family and friends to join us at Chipotle tomorrow evening to support our team. Be sure to tell them you are dining for East XC. Thank you!!