Thanks to everyone, the Angel Invite was a successful meet! The dozens of parent volunteers made the meet go as smooth as possible. We are so grateful for our parents and their willingness to help the team!
Here are some stats from our meet:
- We hosted 28 teams (including East)
- 561 runners finished the Angel Invite
- In our fundraising efforts, we made $153 from the Kona Ice Truck, $260 from Chipotle and $190 from merchandise sales!
- We had over 48 parent volunteers, 8 coaches, 2 operations volunteers, 2 DPS athletics employees, 2 East mountain bike team members, 2 athletic trainers, an athletic director and an East administrator. All of whom worked seamlessly together to make the Angel Invite happen.
- Last but not least, we had our amazing East Angel xc runners. Of course, they are accomplished runners, but they also were excellent hosts to their guests from the other 27 schools.
We have the honor of hosting the regional meet on Friday, October 18. Now that we are warmed up, let’s do this again! Please volunteer by clicking here: Volunteer Sign Up for Regional Meet School will not be in session on Friday, Oct 18.
Thank you for all you do for the Denver East Cross Country experience!