Welcome to East High School Summer XC Training! While summer training is not mandatory, it is the best way to make your East XC experience rewarding and enjoyable.
Here are key dates and links for your upcoming East XC Summer Adventure:
- Summer practice begins on Monday, June 3 at 8:00 am. Meet at the Big E in front of the school. Bring your water bottle and wear sunscreen.
- Summer practice will be Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at 8:00 am.
- Friday practice will be a trail run in the foothills of Denver/Boulder.
- Camp will be June 18-20 at Snow Mountain Ranch in Tabernash.
- Click here to register: High Altitude Running Camp Registration
- Click here for DPS required forms for Camp: 2019-20 POA
- Must be filled out by parents and students
- Must be notarized
- Must include a copy of insurance card
- Return to Coach Kohuth or email to email@example.com by June 7.
- Cost is $165 and paid on the above link. If the cost is prohibitive, please contact Coach Kohuth at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click here for the 2019 Summer Running Guide: 2019 East High School XC Summer Running Guide
- Click here for the 2019 Summer Training Schedule: XC summer training schedule 2019
- If you are out of town, working or can’t attend practice, refer to this for your workout(s).
- We use LogARun.com to keep track of your time or miles and to share with your coaches.
You need to register and join the EastXC team, then set your preferences to share with team. At a minimum, you should record every run you do (either minutes or miles run) or how many minutes of cross training you did that day. Commenting on where you ran, how hard or fast you ran, and how you felt during the run will make the log more meaningful. You should also record your race results and best times over different courses and distances in your running log.
- Spike Night at Runner’s Roost: To be announced soon. This is a special night to gather with teammates, get professional advice on training shoes and eat pizza! Runner’s Roost offers all of our athletes discounts on shoes and they contribute part of the sales to our team.
The cross country coaches are excited to meet our new athletes and see our returning runners on Monday, June 3 at 8:00 am!